Sunday, March 10, 2013

Flowers Everywhere!

Can we talk procrastination or what??? Today, I'm the biggest procrastinator you will find. I just don't want to get these math report card comments done. Instead, I went shopping for flowers. Yes, you read that correctly. For some reason, I'm addicted to having fresh flowers around me. Perhaps it's the anticipation of spring coming or finally having our lives get back to some sense of normalcy. Fresh flowers are perking up my spirits. 
So instead of sitting at the computer and writing report card comments, I'm writing a quick post to share some of the little vignette's (I love this word) I've created with my fresh flowers. 
Yes, you are seeing a tin can being used as a flower vase. I don't have anything small enough, so I figured why not use this. I cleaned it out as best I could. I think spray painting it white will make it look even better or maybe a bright orange or yellow. No spray painting today since the wind is blowing like it does in the Wizard of Oz. 
I love waking up to fresh flowers by my bed. They are some of the left overs from the Daisy's I bought last week. The bouquet was just too big so I separated them and put them around the house. A large bouquet can go a long way. Nobody said you had to keep them together. These flowers last a long time. Tulips, not so much. 


Drat!!! I just noticed my lamp shade is crooked. I guess I'm not as detailed orientated as I thought, I'll get better. I love tulips!!! 
Anyone else have favourite flowers they like to buy themselves at this time of the year? The flowers just seem to help put a smile on my face when I look at them.  Spring is on it's way!
I know I promised to show you the kitchen but it's not 100% finished and with Teacher's Convention, report cards, and going away to Edmonton last weekend there just hasn't been time. 
I'm getting to it I promise. 
Enjoy the vignettes'...
Oh and our hallway flooring just got completed today. It's so exciting around here. I'll have before and after photos soon. Just keep coming back. 
April 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Although you were procrastinating... it sounds like you're getting a lot done! Love the flowers... I like to buy them for myself too! We deserve them! Now get those report cards done!!!! ;) Mem

    ReplyDelete