It's been a whole year!!! We received the keys for this place a year ago today. What I remember about that day was the overwhelming need to keep repeating Oh My God.... and the amount of work we would be needing to do in order to make this house our home.
Well, we're by no means finished but we've really come a long way in a year. There's been a tremendous amount of work completed, started and waiting to be finished. Right now it's little jobs... do they ever get completed???? We've lived through many stages of construction and I can remember painting every single wall, piece of trim, corner, and baseboard. It's been a labour of love and hate at certain times. But in the end it's been worth it.
What I've learned:
1. I'm a perfectionist with certain things but not with others.
2. I like getting jobs accomplished.
3. I can only live with a mess for so long and then it's time to git'r done.
4. Living out of boxes isn't fun.
5. I love my physio therapist.
6. I can do way more construction than I thought I could, although the table saw still scares me.
7. I'm an EXCELLENT painter.
8. Darcy and I make a good team and we do work well together, after we get past the....well you know what I'm talking about.
9. You can live without an oven, stove top, microwave but not all at the same time and never without a kitchen sink.
10. Sometimes the most stressful moves, are the ones worth the most.
11. My work ethic comes from my parents, thank you for that.
Here's a peek at what a before and after of our living room and outside. Apologies for the darkness inside but it's all I've got.
|Ignore the boxes and half door on the cabinet. I was playing with an app.|
Again, all I can say is OMG! OMG! What a difference a year and some hard work can make.
We would love to hear your comments, if you have any to share, write away.